August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kitty-Mom!



We are back from Pittsburgh--coincidentally, birthplace of my step mom Kitty (AKA Kitty-Mom). Before I start posts detailing eating my way through the 'burgh, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Kitty-Mom a joyous and wonderful birthday. This is a photo of her and my father from their recent trip to China, and - just look at them!! It is one of my very favorite pictures of them. Kitty is the perfect person to mention in a food blog-- she's a total foodie as well as a gourmet cook. Her specialty is dinner parties- she can cook for a crowd, producing food of such quality it boggles the mind. Her beef burgundy is one of my partner's favorite dinners. There is a tie for my two favorite of her dishes- her homemade Cesar salad dressing and her artichoke soup, both of which I will eventually detail in a post here. She is also one of the most fun people I know, and I am very happy to say that even if she were not my Kitty-Mom, she would still be my friend...and the eggs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Picture. I have the same one in my office. Doesn't it make you want to go to China? This is a sweet post sissy!

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute. I know that your Kitty-Mom loved those sweet words. Pop

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kitty! Sorry, I missed it. I'll write the date in my B'day book! Gorgeous clothes!
(: