May 16, 2007

It's all about the artichokes


I love artichokes. Seriously, is it wrong to develop food "crushes"? Artichokes are one of the first foods I remember eating and I have never grown tired of them. They're the whole package- visually pleasing, fun to eat and tasty.
I prefer them simply steamed and served with hollandaise sauce. Eating them that way is too cumbersome for parties, so I share my artichoke love with friends by making a quick and easy dip. Try it:
1 cup artichoke hearts (non-marinated) chopped
1 cup mayo
1 cup parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ingredients in bowl.
Transfer to oven safe dish.
Sprinkle a little paprika on top.

When oven has preheated, cook dip in oven for ½ an hour to 45 minutes, until top turns brown and bubbly.
This recipe is no fault. It is a real crowd pleaser. If you have a good artichoke recipe, please e-mail me or leave comment and I will try it out...and the eggs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the recipe for "Tofu-Soybean Crowd Pleaser"?

Arties32 said...

That's "Crunchy Tofu-Soybean Crowd Pleaser"! ...no I don't! I never intend on sampling that treat again.

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear the words "Crowd Pleaser" - that's where my mind goes.....