November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Luncheon for 100



Each November, the Miami office of the law firm where I work holds a Thanksgiving luncheon. The basics are catered (turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing), but the rest is up to us. Some people cook and some people purchase food to bring in. Here are some shots from this year's extravaganza!



From the caterer. Basics foods of Thanksgiving. Basically good.



The dessert table!



The committee gave the conference and dining rooms a perfect Autumn holiday backdrop!



Hilarie's cranberries and sultanas with bourbon sauce. It was all the rage at this shin dig! I heard several comments about enjoying consuming alcohol at lunch during work. This was the crowd favorite as evidenced in the "after" shot at the end of this post.




I made traditional ambrosia. Coconut optional!



Another crowd favorite was Karen's pineapple upside down cake. Might have contained alcohol.



This was the best banana pudding I have ever had in my life, and I love the serving dish, too. I will have to ask Bertha for the pudding recipe!



The "after" shot of Hilarie's cranberries and sultanas.

As I was eating, I quickly realized that the food was excellent. There were many hot dishes made by my co-workers, the recipes were varied - some were a little sinful like loaded mashed potatoes, and some were decadent and fancy like Kim's Roquefort shiitake scalloped potatoes- and all were really wonderful. I was toward the end of the hot food line so I couldn't get pictures of that table before it was molested. It was impossible to sample everything, so I tried what I thought looked the best. I didn't know all that talent was walking around our firm. I will have to start talking about cooking more often and maybe I can find some guest blog volunteers!

Now, on to planning my own Thanksgiving dinner for 4...and the eggs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a big flan on the dessert table? Can I apply for a job there?

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't your firm do a cookbook? Aunt Carolyn's did one. Give proceeds to charity.
(:

Arties32 said...

Great minds think alike! Last year, for the United Way Campaign at our office, I suggested a cookbook. People submitted recipes, they had a model of what the book would look like, and then they started asking people how many they wanted to order. I was the only person who wanted to buy them!! They put the project on hold :)